These snacks can’t stay on the shelves

A look at top selling items

Titas Paciukonis, Staff Reporter

Nothing is more convient then a vending machine when you’re hungry. For one dollar or less, you can choose from a variety of selections.  Matt MacKay restocks the vending machines every school day. At the end of the day, these snack items sold the most.

Fudge Pop Tarts

These fudge pop tarts are the most popular snacks in the vending machines and cost $1.

Titas Paciukonis

Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies

Students have shown their love of the cookie snacks by consistently purchasing. They cost $1.

Titas Paciukonis

Berries Fruity Snacks

The Fruity Snacks from Kellogs are a student favorite behind cookie snacks. They cost $1.

The Fruity Snacks from Kellogs are a student favorite behind cookie snacks. In terms of flavor, mixed berry is the most purchased.  They cost $1.

Cheez Its

chNckPe2pXMDV01kii0PcJCZtln0kbokJTht9cypcG4[1]

Cheez It snack packs are also popular with students looking to get a quick bite to eat. They cost $1

Takis

Takis are a popular item in school vending machines.

Titas Paciukonis

These five snacks are generally the most popular each year. For the least popular snack, MacKay noted that it was Fritos corn chips. MacKay also wanted to put more snacks into the vending machine, but he encountered a problem.

“I’d also like to sell fresh fruit items,” MacKay said, “but keeping the items fresh is difficult.”