Preparing for the game is anything but standardized

Back to Article
Back to Article

After all their hard work at practice conditioning, Varsity Football and Cheer put their skills to work.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa, Staff Reporter

Whether it be baseball, basketball, cheer or football, all sports require immense amounts of effort and hard conditioning.

In baseball, there is more active workouts and stretches, and not so much running.  The baseball coaches also wanted their players to take part in summer weights, and be in the class during the regular school year.  Cross country spent their summer running 5 or more miles at practice.  Cheer focuses on running miles, as well as ab workouts, calf killers, and any variation of conditioning possible.

“It’s important for us to condition because when we have routines where we stunt, we have to have stamina and strength,” senior Miraf Gesit said.

Also starting conditioning are winter sports like basketball. Each different sport calls for a different routine to prepare for competition however.

“In basketball we don’t do a whole lot of running, we do more drills,” freshman Cade Grogan said.

The basketball team focuses on a lot of short workouts and drills, while baseball does more active warm ups and gets on the field to play.

“In football, we do 10-20 minutes of different  conditioning, and then we get into actual practice,”  freshman Nate Mcentire said.

Every sport has different ways to prepare themselves, but one thing they all have in common is the work needed for them.  Whether it be baseball or cross country, each sport has their own way to condition and be ready for the upcoming season.