Get to the games

Student support important to team success.

The+boys+JV+basketball+team+watches+the+Varsity+game+on+Tuesday%2C+the+attendance+at+these+games+has+declined.+
The boys JV basketball team watches the Varsity game on Tuesday, the attendance at these games has declined.

Lindsay Soliday

Lindsay Soliday

Noah Drymalski, Junior Sports Editor

Maybe it’s just me, but so far this year, the student section support for Reno High basketball games has been lacking. Aside from the Winterfest game against North Valleys, the student attendance has been lackluster. Going to the varsity games can feel like going to a JV game at times, when most of the people in the stands are parents or friends of the players. Compared to last year, the attendance has been very poor.

Maybe it’s because last year’s team had a winning record, and went to the State playoffs, but that’s not much of an excuse. The boys are fighting to get into the playoffs this year and expect support when they have a home game. I can understand if they have an away game against Spanish Springs or Carson, but a home game should be when they have the greatest supporters. I remember last year at this time it was hard to find a place in the bleachers, and no student took a seat the entire game. This year there are plenty of places to sit, and the supporters are often scattered.

Going to games and supporting your school is an integral part of the high school experience. Not to mention how much the team needs its supporters now that they have fallen into third place. Go to games, support your school, and experience everything you can about high school while you still can.