Two Chicks serves eggceptional meals

Delicious+cinnamon+apple+French+sided+with+eggs%2C+two+strips+of+bacon%2C+syrup%2C++and+lemon+and+strawberry+pieces+overlapping++on+an+egg-shaped+Two+Chicks++plate.+
Delicious cinnamon apple French sided with eggs, two strips of bacon, syrup,  and lemon and strawberry pieces overlapping  on an egg-shaped Two Chicks  plate.

Delicious cinnamon apple French sided with eggs, two strips of bacon, syrup, and lemon and strawberry pieces overlapping on an egg-shaped Two Chicks plate.

Atley Weems

Atley Weems

Atley Weems, A&E Editor

When I think of yellow, I think of the sun, fireflies, and brightly colored middles of daises. Some people say that when you see a certain color you are supposed to feel a specific way. When I see yellow I feel happy.

So as I sauntered into Two Chicks, I couldn’t help but smile. Bright yellow chairs and rouge red booths and walls took my eyes on a delightful adventure.

My eyes swept over pleasing colors, smiling waitresses, and finally landed on a small sign that told me to please seat myself. It was an immediate difference that I was glad to see, because I hate being placed by a waitress in an uncomfortable spot where I’m usually crowded by unfamiliar people.

It wasn’t the only difference that I saw. Multiple waitresses served our table and others, working together to make things go quickly unlike the usual one table one waiter system. It was a nice change, and each Two Chicks employee came to our table with a gracious smile. They were inviting and bright, just like the diner they chose to work in.

The atmosphere was excellent, and the service was as well. So when I opened their somewhat slim menu, I wasn’t surprised to see that the food sounded just as great. My eyes eventually landed on the cinnamon apple French toast combo with a choice of bacon, ham, or sausage with their well-known eggs. Being a sucker for French toast anything, I ordered it.

When the egg shaped plate arrived at my table I was practically drooling. Four thick slices of French toast were lavished with cold butter that melted over the warmth of them. I poured maple syrup, not minding the scrambled eggs and bacon beside the toast I was about to inhale.

I have never tasted a better piece of French toast in my entire life. Pieces of warmed, cinnamon submerged apples hid in the middle of the slices of toast; they didn’t stick out too much but weren’t completely hidden either. Instead the apples gave them an apple pie-like taste that melted in your mouth after a chew or two. Heaven is the only way I can really describe it. The eggs weren’t as amazing as I would have guessed, seeing as they are supposed to be a specialty at Two Chicks. Although the eggs were a bit bland, they worked well as a side. The bacon, bursting with heated, satisfying flavor was a great side as well. I couldn’t have asked for a better meal.

When the bill arrived, I was happy to go. Although I had a good time, the diner was beginning to quicken its pace, filling up with more and more people as the closing time neared. I was stuffed and ready for a nap.

The bill took my attention away from everything for a moment when I saw the price. Two orders of pancakes, an eggs benedict, my French toast combo, along with my family’s four orders of drinks came to a total of $48.14. I thought my jaw would shatter from its impact with the floor.

Equally divided, each of us had ordered $12.50 worth of food. Far too much for a money lacking teenager like myself who tends to offer to pay for the meals of others.

Two Chicks is an astounding diner, complete with the look, feel, and mostly taste of the gourmet style that they claim to have. Sadly, they also have high prices compared to other breakfast diners such as Denny’s. Yet the food is well worth it. I’d recommend this small diner located at 752 S Virginia St. to anyone with taste buds and a love for delicious breakfast or brunch food. If you want to beat the rush, the earlier the better, they start filling up closer to their closing time of two o’clock.

If you’re paying then I recommend bringing fewer people, especially if your date has a large appetite for delectable food or your wallet is running on empty. In the end, just remember that every penny is worth it.

I plan to eat at Two Chicks again in the future. It was a delightful treat that I would be happy to share with any of my loved ones.