Eight interview tips you need to land any job

Adulthood, with its tenets, can be terrifying to many teens. Entering the competitive professional world requires years of education, preparation, and experience, leaving some students at a disadvantage compared to others. In the event that one survives the prelude to the professional world, one should begin their job search and interview process with some knowledge.
1.	Regardless of how inexperienced and nervous you are, always present yourself as a competent and confident individual. Companies are looking for assets, not asses.
2.	Write a resume that is specific to each employer. One-size-fits-all resumes not only fail to highlight skills specific to that company, but also come across as vague and ill-made.
3.	On that topic, your resume should not be more than one page long, nor should it be painful to look at. Critical information should be presented quickly and simply, with no extra additions to the page or text to distract the reader.
4.	When discussing past experience, speak more of your accomplishments rather than your duties. Innovation and problem solving are important in the professional world, nondescript list-making and rubbish disposal less so.
5.	Present yourself as reliable, neat, and collected. Arriving on time, looking presentable, and delivering concise, clear responses make it much easier to communicate with your interviewer.
6.	Do research on the place you are applying to. Knowing a few basic facts about where you are applying to can help with creating a foundation for a discussion of your skills, as well as how you can best serve that firm’s interests.
7.	Always make sure employers will be able to contact you. Incorrect contact information can lead to unnecessary grief and frustration.
8.	Even if the interview went poorly, always thank your interviewer. Courtesy may not be an entirely professional quality, but it will make a statement about your character compared to those who did not.

Adulthood, with its tenets, can be terrifying to many teens. Entering the competitive professional world requires years of education, preparation, and experience, leaving some students at a disadvantage compared to others. In the event that one survives the prelude to the professional world, one should begin their job search and interview process with some knowledge. 1. Regardless of how inexperienced and nervous you are, always present yourself as a competent and confident individual. Companies are looking for assets, not asses. 2. Write a resume that is specific to each employer. One-size-fits-all resumes not only fail to highlight skills specific to that company, but also come across as vague and ill-made. 3. On that topic, your resume should not be more than one page long, nor should it be painful to look at. Critical information should be presented quickly and simply, with no extra additions to the page or text to distract the reader. 4. When discussing past experience, speak more of your accomplishments rather than your duties. Innovation and problem solving are important in the professional world, nondescript list-making and rubbish disposal less so. 5. Present yourself as reliable, neat, and collected. Arriving on time, looking presentable, and delivering concise, clear responses make it much easier to communicate with your interviewer. 6. Do research on the place you are applying to. Knowing a few basic facts about where you are applying to can help with creating a foundation for a discussion of your skills, as well as how you can best serve that firm’s interests. 7. Always make sure employers will be able to contact you. Incorrect contact information can lead to unnecessary grief and frustration. 8. Even if the interview went poorly, always thank your interviewer. Courtesy may not be an entirely professional quality, but it will make a statement about your character compared to those who did not.

Meghan Stettler

Meghan Stettler

Meghan Stettler, In Depth Editor

1. Regardless of how inexperienced and nervous you are, always present yourself as a competent and confident individual. Companies are looking for assets, not asses.
  2. Write a resume that is specific to each employer. One-size-fits-all resumes not only fail to highlight skills specific to that company, but also come across as vague and ill-made.
  3. On that topic, your resume should not be more than one page long, nor should it be painful to look at. Critical information should be presented quickly and simply, with no extra additions to the page or text to distract the reader.
  4. When discussing past experience, speak more of your accomplishments rather than your duties. Innovation and problem solving are important in the professional world, nondescript list-making and rubbish disposal less so.
  5. Present yourself as reliable, neat, and collected. Arriving on time, looking presentable, and delivering concise, clear responses make it much easier to communicate with your interviewer.
  6. Do research on the place you are applying to. Knowing a few basic facts about where you are applying to can help with creating a foundation for a discussion of your skills, as well as how you can best serve that firm’s interests.
  7. Always make sure employers will be able to contact you. Incorrect contact information can lead to unnecessary grief and frustration.
  8. Even if the interview went poorly, always thank your interviewer. Courtesy may not be an entirely professional quality, but it will make a statement about your character compared to those who did not.